PRIVACY STATEMENT Audio Obscura
Audio Obscura is an event organized by Audio Obscura B.V., having their registered office at Archangelkade 31, 1013 BE in Amsterdam and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under Chamber of Commerce number 68529104. If you register with Audio Obscura, your personal data will be administered under the responsibility of Audio Obscura.
The careful handling of your personal data is of great importance to Audio Obscura. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and secured. In doing so, we comply with the laws and regulations in the field of personal data protection, as laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
Controller responsible for the processing of personal data
Under the name Audio Obscura is the controller responsible for the processing of your personal data that you provide to Audio Obscura by purchasing a ticket for the event or via the website www.audio-obscura.com (the ‘Website’), the GUTS app (the ‘App’) or in any other way. This means that Audio Obscura itself determines the purposes and means of the processing and is responsible for compliance with the legal requirements as laid down in the GDPR.
Purposes for the processing of personal data
If you visit the Website or the App, request information via the Website/App, purchase a ticket from the event and/or register with Audio Obscura via the Website/App, Audio Obscura will register your personal data. Audio Obscura only processes the necessary personal data required for the purposes set out below.
Your personal data are required to:
• be able to provide you with the ticket you have purchased;
• identify you at our event;
• check your age (only 18+ is welcome);
• carry out target group analyses for the logistical regulation of events;
• contact you to inform you about the event;
• inform you about other events organized by Audio Obscura.
In addition, Audio Obscura uses your personal data for
• promotional activities such as:
◦ the sending out of newsletters;
◦ personalized offer of online ads on social channels such as Facebook / Instagram / Snapchat / Vero / WhatsApp;
◦ personalized offer of online ads via Google by means of bannering and search engine optimization;
• visitor surveys.
The personal data that we (may) record about you are the following:
• First name and surname
• Email address
• Address and City
• Date of birth
• Telephone number
If you register on the Website / App, your personal data can only be viewed by Audio Obscura or by a processor engaged by Audio Obscura (see further under ‘exchange of personal data’). We will not disclose your personal data to others without your consent, unless we are required to do so by law or court order or if this is necessary for the performance of an agreement between you and Audio Obscura.
If you do not wish to receive information about Audio Obscura, you can unsubscribe via the unsubscribe button in the newsletters or service emails you receive. You can also send an email to email@example.com.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
According to current and new legislation, Audio Obscura may only process personal data if one of the legal bases applies. Audio Obscura applies the following legal bases for the processing of personal data:
• in the context of the formation and/or performance of an agreement. By registering on the Website, you give your explicit consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes described above;
• to comply with the law (including accounting processing, tax obligations and obligations in the context of court orders or other mandatory laws and regulations);
• in connection with the legitimate interests of Audio Obscura, whereby Audio Obscura devotes attention to ensuring the impact on your privacy is as limited as possible. Among other things, personal data are processed in connection with:
◦ the carrying out of studies, models, statistics, trends and developments;
◦ the administration and improvement of the Website, whereby Audio Obscura can, when you visit our Website, determine your (click) behavior in order to be able to provide you with specific information (profiling). The logic applied by Audio Obscura is that your IP address is linked to your actions and on this basis your preferences are determined. We always request your explicit consent for this in advance (see below under Website and Cookies).
Website and Cookies
On the Website, visitor data is kept up to date, such as the pages most frequently requested by a visitor. The purpose of this is to optimize the layout of the Website. This data may also be used to place information relevant to you on the pages you visit, for example, special messages in your fields of interest or particular promotions (from advertisers). In this way, our services to you can be further optimized.
You can disable cookies in your browser without this having far-reaching consequences for your use of the Website. However, the result may be that certain parts are less accessible or no longer accessible to you.
The Website contains a number of links to other websites. Although these websites have been carefully selected, Audio Obscura cannot be held responsible for the use of your data by these organizations. In this respect, please read the privacy statement, if any, of the website you are visiting.
Protection of personal data
Audio Obscura has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. Audio Obscura has taken physical, organizational and electronic measures to protect your personal data.
Exchange of personal data
1. Transmission and receipt of personal data within Audio Obscura:
Audio Obscura can use your personal and other data for the promotion of various events organized by Audio Obscura. Audio Obscura ensures that the European standards of the GDPR are applied to these exchanges. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time.
2. Transmission and receipt of personal data outside Audio Obscura:
The purpose of processing your personal data may involve Audio Obscura sharing personal data with other organizations. Insofar this exchange of personal data is not subject your explicit consent or a legal obligation, it takes place exclusively on the basis of the execution of the agreement between Audio Obscura and this third party, with which an adequate processor agreement has been concluded that meets the requirements of the GDPR, or when Audio Obscura has a legitimate interest in doing so.
3. No commercial use:
Audio Obscura will not sell, hire out, distribute or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to third parties, except as described in this privacy statement or with your prior consent.
Correctness of the personal data provided
By registering on the Website/App with your personal data, you guarantee that they are correct and complete. If false identities, or incomplete or incorrect data are provided, Audio Obscura may temporarily or permanently deny you access to the Website or parts thereof, and to the event.
Retention of personal data
Audio Obscura will retain personal data for no longer than two years unless more time is required for the realization of the purposes for which the data are processed, and in any event as long as specific regulations require.
Your privacy rights
You have the right to access your personal data, the right to request correction, limitation or deletion of your personal data and you also have the right to request the transfer of your data. Finally, you can object to the use of your data. If the processing of your data is based on consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
You can send your written requests or questions regarding privacy-related matters to:
Audio Obscura B.V.
With reference to: Privacy Matters
Archangelkade 31, 1013 BE Amsterdam
You will receive an answer as soon as possible. You are also entitled to submit a complaint about the use of your data to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Would you like to know more about the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act or the General Data Protection Regulation that takes effect on 25 May 2018? Consult: wetten.overheid.nl or www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
Last updated: 2 September, 2019